About the Country Music Half-Marathon

Ok, I have to admit, when I signed up for the race, I was a bit concerned about listening to country music for 13.1 miles. I recently read the book The Nonrunner’s Marathon Training for Women and the poor lady had to listen to her Walkman stuck on “Milkshake” for an entire marathon. I think that is my equivalent… anyways, I’m delighted that there will be a variety of music, including rock – which I can totally run to. I hope they are playing when the race is at its hardest.

I just got my e-mail from LLS & TNT sending me my own fundraising page. It is overwhelming to see $3,800 on the chart, but I have confidence I’ll reach my goal with your help!

Along with that e-mail was access to lots of information, like the 13.1 miles I’ll be running in April:

Country Music half-marathon

Country Music half-marathon

Country Music Marathon April 24, 2010
Ten years down and more to come? The Country Music Marathon & 1/2 Marathon will start in Centennial Park and run through Nashville’s most scenic sights. Fifty live bands on 28 entertainment stages and hundreds of high school cheerleaders will entertain runners, walkers and thousands of spectators… Country, rock, jazz, blues, swing and more will pulsate every mile on the course. (source)

75 percent of the $3,800 I raise will go straight back to LLS. Yay! The remaining 25 percent (that’s $950) will get me to Nashville.

To donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in support of  Heather Lilly, click this link: http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/cmc10/hlilly

Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.

You might also like:

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*

Back to Top Share on Facebook Tweet this Post Email to a Friend Pin It!