Pecan Crisps Cookies recipe
This is one of our family’s absolute FAVORITE cookie recipe around Christmas. We bake them so they are just golden brown on the edges and chewy in the middle. I have a rule about dessert calories not being worth it, unless it’s chocolate – this cookie TOTALLY breaks that rule!
- 3 c sifted flour
- 3 C sugar
- 1.5 t salt
- 1 cup soft butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs separated
- 6 T milk
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped (can omit or replace)
- Sift flour, sugar salt into a bowl,
- In another bowl mix shortening, egg yolk, milk, vanilla.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Make into small balls. Place on ungreased (do NOT grease it, they’ll burn on the bottom) baking sheet.
- Press with the bottom of greased glass dipped into sugar.
- Brush with slightly beaten egg white. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 8 to 10 min 375 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet