- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz toffee bits
- Add and sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt set aside. Combine butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and milk. Mix well.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Using a teaspoon, depress the center of the cookie.
- Cook 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, while still warm, depress the center of the cookie again to make a deep well.
After cookies have cooled:
- Add heavy cream to double boiler on low heat and warm through.
- Add chips and toffee.
- Stir continuously until all chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Place a generous amount of ganache in to well of cookie.
- Allow 1 hour to cool.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet