- 2/3 CUP roughly chopped pecans
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes & yams, cut into large diced pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 3 T maple syrup
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss to coat.
- *you must stir the yams/potatoes every 15 minutes or they will burn* Roast until golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- When it foams, stir in maple syrup and cayenne and let cook briefly about 1 minute.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple butter and a scattering of pecans.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet