Can you tell I ♥ Strawberry Spinach Salad? This one has a candied/crystallized almond topping – completely optional, but why wouldn’t you want the extra crunchy sweetness?
- 2 pkgs cleaned fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 pints of FRESH strawberries, sliced horizontally
- 1 red onion, finely sliced (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of toasted sesame seeds ( I use a lot more!)
- 1 small package of sliced almonds, crystallized
1. Crystallize almonds first. Place almonds in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Heat until sugar melts and coats the almonds. Pour them onto a single layer of aluminum foil and place in freezer to cool for 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, to toast sesame seeds, place in a small, hot dry skillet over medium heat and gently stir until seeds begin to toast. Pour onto piece of paper towel and set aside to cool.
3. Mix together spinach, strawberries, onion, sesame seeds and crystallized almonds.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
In a small Tupperware bowl, mix together dressing ingredients.
Place lid on the bowl and shake to mix the dressing.
Drizzle over salad and serve immediately (if you are taking this salad to a party, do not put the dressing on until serving, to avoid it getting soggy).
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet