This is my favorite tofu recipe:
8 manicotti shells
Nonstick spray coating
1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/8 teaspoon paprika
10 ounces tofu (fresh bean curd), drained (I ALSO ADDED ½ CUP PART SKIM RICOOTA CHEESE)
1 slightly beaten egg white
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain.
2. Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray coating. Add mushrooms and onion; cook until tender. Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Cool slightly.
3. Mash the tofu in a bowl. Stir in egg white, Parmesan cheese, and mushroom and onion mixture. Stuff each manicotti shell with about 1/4 cup of the tofu mixture. Arrange stuffed shells in a 12×7-1/2×2-inch baking dish.
4. For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine milk, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Pour sauce over pasta in baking dish.
5. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 285, total fat: 7g, cholesterol: 13mg, sodium: 347mg, carbohydrate: 36g, protein: 19g
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet