soft & chewy Peanut Butter Cookies ingredients
- 2 cups unbleached AP flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder*
(* or 2 cups of Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking Mix – it already has baking soda & powder it in, so do NOT add extra)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (microwave: try 2 minutes at 30%)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup peanut butter (almond butter works, too)
- 1/2 cup egg (2 large eggs)
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- .5 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
white sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, start with eggs and butter, mix thoroughly.
- Add banana, applesauce, vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Add brown sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Add in cocoa powder & chia seeds.
- Lastly, slowly mix in flour, baking soda & baking powder (or the gluten-free baking mix).
- Drop batter, in 1 tablespoon-size balls, onto the prepared sheet pan, about 2 inches apart. They expand a fair amount, so I fit 6 on a sheet.
- Sprinkle white sugar on top of cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool at least 10-20 minutes before digging in. 🙂
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet