Green Apple Slaw
Since I love granny smith apples, I had to give this recipe a try! I made a couple of adjustments from the original recipe… here is what I did.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar in the raw
- 1/8 t Xylitol (optional, but adds more sweetness that helps balance out the spicy cayenne pepper – find it in the diabetic section of Sprouts)
- .5 t of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 cups coleslaw mix (a 1-pound bag)
- 2 organic Granny Smith apples, cored, and cut into matchsticks or small pie-shaped pieces
- 1 cup jumbo raisins (got ours in bulk from Sprouts)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne, if using. Stir in the coleslaw mix, apples, pecans, and raisins.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours before serving. Serves 8 to 10.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet