This recipe is a spin-off of our Spicy Shrimp Cakes with Avocado Salsa recipe.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 purple (or red) bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (or more breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup of Chris’s Spicy Salsa (or your favorite salsa)
- 1 avocado
To prepare cakes, place shrimp in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until finely chopped. Set aside.
Add the bell peppers and diced green chilis to the food processor, then to the shrimp.
Add the mayo, beaten egg and lime juice to the shrimp/veggie mixture.
Add the panko bread crumbs and nutritional yeast to the bowl.
Divide shrimp mixture into 11 equal portions with an ice cream scoop, then flatten.
For best results, chill in the fridge while you make the salsa and pre-heat the oven. (at least 20 minutes)
Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
*You can also fry these, but this is a healthier alternative*
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet