We just discovered how awesome the little Lafayette Farmer’s market is. I love the fresh, organic fruit options and Chris is in pepper heaven when we go.
He likes to use peppers for making salsa and just tackled a big batch of green chile to have frozen and ready to go for this fall & winter.
We got half a bushel of Poblanos, 1 bushel of Mirasol Peppers and a couple small bags of Dynamite (“TNT”) peppers.
The Farmer’s Market merchant fire roasts your order right there in front of you. (Yes, it smells amazing!)
It takes some time to clean them and cut off the stems (then measure them into 20 oz freezer bags):
Don gave us a great green chile recipe – here’s Chris’s adaptation of it:
- 2 pounds chopped pork (brown in skillet)
- 20 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 bag Fernandez taco sauce mix
- 6 garlic cloves (roasted)
- 1 diced white onion (roasted)
- 8 ounces of TNT peppers
- 20 ounces of Mirasol peppers
- 20 ounces of Poblano peppers
- 2 T black pepper
- 1.5 t arrow root
- 1/3 C Masa flour
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet