This recipe is a spin-off from a recipe a client shared with me. Thanks Jenna! (Chris made it spicier)
And if you are curious, it does taste like a cheeseburger! 🙂
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1-1/4 carrots, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 of one chopped green bell pepper
- 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 T A1 Steak Sauce (with Tabasco)
- 1-2 T Worchestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2/3 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose unbleached flour
- 5 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 can cheese soup
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic.
- Sprinkle salt and add vegetable broth to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain.
- Stir cooked beef and 1 cup milk into the soup and heat through.
- Combine remaining milk with flour, stirring until smooth; stir into soup.
- Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese & cheese soup until melted.
- Season with cayenne.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet