Rocco’s Grilled Chicken Parmigiano from Now Eat This! has 9.3 grams of fat and 332 calories per serving.
This is our spin-off on it; Chris and I really enjoyed it.
It does taste lighter (Chris mentioned “I’m not sure what else it needs” thinking we might add something to it next time) but it is very satisfying!
1. preheat the oven to 400 F
2. lightly coat a glass baking dish with non-stick spray olive oil
3. heat a grill pan over high heat, spray 4 small chicken breasts (pounded thin) with the olive oil spray and cook 1.5 minutes a side
4. spread 1 cup marinara sauce over the bottle of the baking dish, then place the chicken in the dish, then add 1 more cup of marinara sauce; add 1 cup whole plum tomatoes (roughly chopped)
5. add 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese on top of the dish
6. bake 10-12 minutes or until the chicken begins to brown
7. sprinkle with wheat bread crumbs, dried red pepper flakes & dried basil
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet