I am so excited about getting stronger and slimming down my waistline with my December fitness challenge.
In order to have a safe & effective challenge, I wanted to do a little research on proper technique.
And this one: How To Do a Perfect Abdominal Crunch
Here’s what it says:
- Lie down on the floor on your back and bend your knees, placing your hands behind your head or across your chest.
- Pull your belly button towards your spine, and flatten your lower back against the floor.
- Slowly contract your abdominals, bringing your shoulder blades about one or two inches off the floor.
- Exhale as you come up and keep your neck straight, chin up.
- Hold at the top of the movement for a few seconds, breathing continuously.
- Slowly lower back down, but don’t relax all the way.
- Repeat for 15 to 20 repetitions with perfect form for each rep.
- To add variation, bring your knees in at the same time you lift your upper body off the floor (full body crunch)
- To make it more difficult, balance on an exercise ball.
- To keep your neck in proper alignment, place your fist under your chin to keep your head from moving.
- Keep your back flat against the floor throughout the entire movement.
- If your back arches, prop your feet on a step or platform to make it easier.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet