*tap-tap* Is this thing on? Are there any mommas out there listening?
If you live where there is snow and have a 12-24 month-old, I would love to hear what you do to entertain (and WEAR OUT) your toddler.
Little Dude is good outside (all bundled up) for just a few minutes, then he starts heading for the door back inside… I don’t blame him.
It is fun to play in the snow, but it is not fun to freeze.
With that being said, what are some indoor, at-home activities that you do during the winter months?
What we’ve done so far is:
1. play with normal, everyday toys (ya, this gets old fast)
2. rotate our regular toys, so when I bring them back out, they feel “new” again
3. play MacGyver…. you know: give him three random items and see what he builds (like straws, dried pasta & an ice cube tray)
4. organize the pantry (he was VERY into helping sort through the jars and boxes or dried foods)
5. play pots & pans (I am so happy he enjoyed this, since it was one of my favorites as a kid)
6. color (by this, I mean: he pulls out the crayons & chooses the colors that stands out most to him and I encourage him to scribble on a giant artist’s pad)
7. play piano
8. play fetch with the dogs: we’ll stand at the top of the stairs and wear out the dogs (or at least Summer, since she fetches) by throwing her choice toy down the stairs
9. take a bath: yes, when he is crabby & board, I figure WHY NOT
10. listen to an audio book
Sooooo, I know there’s massive lists out there, but I’m wondering what works best for YOU and your toddler (or “pre-toddler”).
Please comment below with ideas. 🙂
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet