1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 three oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 t grated orange peel
2 t strained fresh orange juice
1/2 t salt
2 c all purpose flour
1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c confectioner’s sugar
2 1/2 t stained fresh orange juice
1 1/2 t orange extract
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease baking sheet with shortening. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine 1 cup shortening, sugar, cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat a medium speed until well mixed.
3. Beat in eggs, orange peel, 2 t orange juice and salt. Add flour gradually at low speed. Mix until well blended.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until light brown around edges. Do not overbake.
4. For glaze (prepare while cookies are baking), combine confectioner’s sugar, 2.5 t orange juice & orange extract. Stir until well blended. Brush on cookies immediately upon removing from oven.
5. Cool w minutes on baking sheet, transfer cookies to foil to cool completely.
recipe by my friend Courtney
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet