Last week’s meal plan included a paleo chicken pot pie – which I tweaked the recipe for to fit what we had on hand.
It turned out very yummy!
Here’s what I did:
- 1 cup Pamela’s gluten free baking mix
- 1 cup Pamela’s gluten free pizza dough mix
- 1 serving of yeast
- 2 cups of very warm water (110 degrees is ideal)
- 2 T olive oil
Combine with mixer until mixed well and can be handled… put in a glass bowl (coated with more olive oil), cover with plastic wrap and let rise in fridge for at least a couple hours.
inside pot-pie filling:
- 1 tbsp organic ghee
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken meat, (cooked & pulsed in Ninja blender until it was “diced”)
- 1/4 cup frozen organic peas
- 1/4 cup frozen organic corn
- 1/2 a package of frozen organic spinach
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of organic chickcen broth
- 1/3 a brick of corganic ream cheese (mainly because I wanted to use it up before the expiration date)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
large pie pan
I mixed together the dough, covered and let rise in the fridge (covered with plastic wrap) for 2+ hours.
On the stovetop, I sauteed the onion in the ghee, then added the frozen veggies, garlic, the tablespoon of rice flour (for thickening) and broth.
I transferred the filling to a glass bowl, added the cream cheese, and let it cool while I cooked and diced the chicken.
Before adding the chicken, I added a beaten egg, the salt and cayenne pepper to the pot pie mix. Stir until mixed.
On a rolling mat, I generously coated rice flour and rolled out the dough until it was about 1/8 inch thick. I transferred the dough to the pie dish (first coated the dish with olive oil), then filled it with the pie mix. With the leftover pieces of dough, I tore them into small balls and placed on top of the pie, starting in the center. I folded the edges of the pot pie towards the center of the pie, so the top was fully covered with dough.
I baked it at 350 degrees until the dough was light brown. Approximately 45 minutes.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet