This pregnancy I ended up being anemic – which means my iron levels were low. I have been told this is fairly common because during pregnancy our body’s blood supply can increase by up to 50%!
I decided to take an iron supplement I found at Vitamin Cottage that is called Blood Builder. It is gentle on the stomach and is non-constipating. You’ll find that most iron supplements have a constipating effect. Yuck!
My OB not only suggested an iron supplement, but she said to take it away from calcium and WITH vitamin C.
I am not surprised my research on essential oils for anemia resulted with at least a couple vitamin c rich oils!
- Cinnamon: not recommended during pregnancy! but can be helpful for those with low iron levels who are NOT pregnant: antibacterial, antifungal, diabetes, mold, respiratory infection, warming
- Ginger: digestive issues, morning sickness, nausea, rheumatic fever
- Grapefruit: anorexia, appetite suppressant, cellulite, hangover
- Lemon: anxiety, cleansing, depression, disinfectant, grease, heartburn, stress
- Peppermint: alertness, allergies, cooling, headache, indigestion, nausea, sinusitis
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet