Some days I can hardly wait for my [mommy] bedtime. Our boys are a blessing, but as I pour my heart & energy into motherhood, I need a way to refill my tank – or at least make those last fumes of the day stretch.
As much as I would love to plop down on the couch or, in some cases, head to pillow seems more appropriate, I know I have more to do after the boys are in bed… and I need a little distraction to help the tasks go quicker.
I also need something to listen to in the middle of the night while I breastfeed our baby – something that will help me stay awake.
While I love worship music, when I’m already tired, it nearly soothes me back to sleep. So I’ve been opting for Christian podcasts.
My favorite podcast right now is Inspired to Action by Kat Lee. She is easy to listen to, fun, personable and always has an interesting guest.
Some other podcasts I have listened to OR just added to the line-up are [disclaimer: I have NOT listened to or condone all of these, they are just a list that I’m going to listen to]:
- 1 Year Daily Audio Bible,
- Marriage Series – SermonAudio.com,
- Straight Thinking (reasons to believe)
- Precepts for Life
- FamilyLife Today with Dennis Rainey,
- Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk on OnePlace.com,
- Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman,
- The Bible from 30,000 Feet,
- Focus on the Family: Focus on Parenting,
- Timothy Keller Podcast,
- Grace to You Radio Podcast,
- Daily Radio Program with Charles Stanley,
- The Great Room at Northern Hills Church,
- The Orchard Church,
- FPC (First Presbyterian) Church,
- Who’s Who in the Book of Genesis,
- Flatirons Community Church,
- Mars Hill Church: Marc Driscoll Audio,
What are YOUR favorite podcasts? 🙂
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet