Did anyone grow up snacking on Peanut Butter Logs? You know, that addicting roll of peanut butter, dried milk and honey? Our mom made those and it was so hard to just eat ONE slice a day.
My boys can’t have cow’s milk, so I decided to give my mom’s recipe a try with dried goat’s milk. I know. Goat’s milk… it’s not everyone’s favorite, but when you can’t have cow’s dairy, it can be an OK substitute. I also purchased a coconut milk powder I plan to try next time.
A couple years ago, I found a Perfect Bar at Vitamin Cottage. It was a similar base to my mom’s Peanut Butter Logs but PACKED with superfoods, also! The boys and I have been in a snack-time rut, so I decided, since they didn’t use goat’s milk, to create our own allergen-friendly “Perfect Bar” at home.
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cup raw, organic cashews (Costco)
- 1 cup dry goat’s milk (Vitamin Cottage)
- 1/2 cup raw, local honey (Costco)
- 1 T organic chia seeds (Costco)
- 1 T organic hemp seeds (Vitamin Cottage)
- 1 T flax seeds (Vitamin Cottage)
- 1 T raw cacao powder (Amazon)
- 1 T organic avocado oil (although I may not use this next time, we’ll see how it goes) (Amazon)
You could probably add more superfoods, but I wanted to keep it basic this first try.
- add cashews to food processor and mix until VERY fine or almost creamy like a nut-butter
- add dried goat’s milk, honey, chia and hemp seeds and cacao
- mix until smooth
- I scooped the batter into a Ziplock bag (gallon). Pressed it into a log and keep it in the fridge until we need to slice off a snack.
Please leave a comment below & share with your friends. All comments await my moderation.Tweet